Follow me on Twitter! Follow me on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bummed Out!

It has been a been about a week and half since I last ran.  Last run was the 50 mile race.  The soreness was quick to leave and I was back to the gym a couple days after the race, but my knee has been very sore.  I really think something is wrong in there.  I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday to find out what I should do.  I am hoping a scope is not needed, but I don't see what else could be wrong.  I typically run/play through whatever injuries I have but this one seems different.  I feel like there is damage done that requires medical attention.  When you live in my part of the world, the running season is as short as the winter's are long.  I really don't want my season to be cut any shorter. 

On a more  positive note I made a decision that I definitely am up for the challenge of a hundred mile race.  What better race to start with than the ultra of ultras.....pause for effect...Western States.  Yep, I'm an idiot, but I dream about running that course and since it is a lottery, I may as well start to apply.  If it was a perfect world I would run Haliburton Forest 50 miler this fall under 11 hours to qualify, apply to the lottery in November and  be running Western States June of next year :)  If I don't get in via the lottery my backup plan is either Leadville or the Canadian Death Race I think.  The back up plan is always negotiable but Western States would be surreal.  Crossing my fingers that the knee is not serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment