Follow me on Twitter! Follow me on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Focus! Focus! Focus!

Disappointing weekend from a running perspective.  Neither pair of my new shoes fit - both were too small.  I was really pumped to try them out for my long run.  I ran 30 miles which felt more like 30 days.  I experienced the dreaded 'wall' for the first time in years during the last 10 miles.  I didn't focus enough on eating and drinking - stupid me.  It really put a dent in my confidence going into my first 50 miler in 3 weeks.  I would not and could not have finished a 50 miler yesterday. 

However, luckily I woke up pissed off.  I still have 3 weeks and have no intention of backing off!  Back at it today.  Bring it!

On a more positive note, it is launch week for Bryon Powell's (irunfar.com) book Relentless Forward Progress.  If you happen to read this blog, check out the book.  Mine should be in my mailbox tomorrow and I can't wait to read it.  



He has some gear giveaways this week to promote the book.  I hope to win the Montrail shoes since the Rogue Racers I ordered were both too small. (wipe tear :)

No comments:

Post a Comment