Follow me on Twitter! Follow me on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Why?

Just what the world needs, another blog...more specifically another running blog.  I am a runner.  I have been running for approximately 10 yearsish.  No idea exactly how long.  I haven't really taken it seriously - tried a half marathon one summer and then a full marathon to see if I could do it.  I then usually tried one event, either half or full each year after.  Last year I read 'Born to Run' and really got the bug to run more.  Last year I ran 2 half marathons and 5 full marathons - I ran them all but one (Hyporthermic Half - too cold)  in Vibram Five Fingers.  The last 3 races were on back to back to back weekends.  I have been researching and reading about ultra marathons.  I am blown away by these runners and their endurance.  I also am blown away by the venues.  The trails and mountains make you question why anybody would ever run on pavement given the choice.  I want to take the plunge and work towards running these ultra events.  Maybe it is a life crisis of some sort - but I don't want to read about them and see photos of them anymore.  I want to experience them.  I am running my first 50 miler May 14...wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment